Although I tend to stick to one signature scent year round, during the summer months I find myself gravitating to much fruitier and warmer scents. Be adventurous, and play up how you are feeling that day (or night!) with different scents. These are my current favorites I’ve been reaching for this summer season:
1. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush in Plumdrop - I normally dislike berry smelling perfumes but for some reason I am drawn to this scent. The smell lingers on your body and smells great even after your day is over.
2. DKNY Be Delicious – This is such a classic fresh scent. It gives off a slight green apple smell that is so invigorating and clean, it will smell like you just stepped out of the shower.
3. Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Summer Fragrance – One of my all-time favorites. I can’t even begin to describe how amazing this scent is. The main notes are grapefruit, black currant, and lily of the valley. It is citrusy, florally, fruity, and fresh smelling all packed into one bottle. Phenomenal! *Note that I list its original counterpart in my evening favorites!
1. Issey Miyake’s L'Eau d'Issey – I can’t say enough about this fragrance. Once you put it on, you automatically feel sexy. The notes listed for it are: Lotus, Freesia, Cyclamen, Rose Water, Fresh Peonies, Carnation, White Lilies, Precious Woods, Osmanthus, Tuberose, Amberseed, Musk. It has the most unique scent I have ever smelled and I always get questions about it and compliments when I wear it. Perfect for a date night!
2. Mark Jacobs’ Lola – Honestly this was not one of my favorites from the start. I picked it up solely on how pretty the bottle was. C’mon, we are all allowed to be a little shallow sometimes! I disliked it because it is more of a musky smell, and I tend to stray away from musky perfumes as they are typically not my thing. However, a few months after purchasing it, I decided that I might as well use it because that pretty bottle cost me a pretty penny. “Waste not, want not” right? Well, it definitely grew on me as I almost always spritz it on now when I’m going out with my girlfriends. It is a strong smell and a little goes a long way, but it does always make me feel girly and feminine when wearing it.
3. Victoria’s Secret Bombshell – The one and only, the original. This perfume is probably one of my top three scents of all time. My bottle is almost all gone because I use it so much! If you are ever in Victoria’s Secret and are overwhelmed by which fragrance to choose, definitely pick this one up!
Which fragrances have you been using this summer?