Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nightly Face Routine

I've had such a hard time finding a face washing routine I can stick to. I like my face cleansings to be 1-2-3 and your outta there! Taking more than 5 minutes to get a good deep down scrub and clean aggravates me. Often before this I would find myself just using one cleanser (usually St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which by the way, I know is horrible for your skin) and forget about it. But finally I have found something that works for me and that I love!

It's important to have at least a three step skincare routine before going to bed or applying makeup, especially in the winter. Exfoliate/cleanse, tone and moisturize! Of course, you can include as many steps in your morning/night routine as you’d like but I'm just lazy and like the shortest route possible. Mine is only four steps.

I've been using mainly Biore products lately in order to stick to one brand, so that my skin is not surprised by different brand's ingredients. I am in no way promoting just using one brand. Everyone has different skin and should use whatever products works best for them.

This is my nightly routine before going to bed. My morning routine is slightly different.

First I use:
Biore SkinPreservation Even Smoother Microderm Exfoliator
This polishes and buffs my skin using tiny little crystals (the same ones used in professional microdermabrasion). It also improves skin tone and texture. However, do not go overboard with this product. Just a tiny dime size will work for your entire face. The first time I used it, I scrubbed so hard with it, that my face compeltely broke out. It felt like I had scrubbed the first two layers of skin off! So be gentle with it. I love how this makes my skin so soft and prepares it for cleansing.

Next I use:
Biore SkinPreservation Clean Things Up Nourishing Gel Cleanser
I love this cleanser!! It's super gentle and has little Vitamin E beads that dissolve into your skin. It has definitely improved my skin's texture as well. It used to be really dry and tough, but now it is really soft. I especially love how it leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturized without leaving it greasy. By the way, it smells amazing!

After I use:
Proactiv Solution Revitalizing Toner
I use this because it is what I have handy and I really like that leaves my skin refeshed. However, I have always used L'Oreals HydraFresh toner and I love it just the same. I really find that most toners (for me anyways) are very similar and any one will work.

And finally I use:
Biore Skin Preservation Hard Day's Night Overnight Moisturizer
This overnight moisturizer leaves my skin super hydrated and is a little bit thicker than most moisturizers. It isn't greasy though which I like. I will put it on before bed as my last step in my routine and wake up in the morning with my skin feeling extremely soft and flexible. It's also made my skin less dull and more dewy, making it healthier looking.

So far, I am really pleased with my four step night routine. It's fast and easy and I've seen great results in my skin's texture and appearance.

What skin routines do you use?


3 comments:

  1. Do you use Biore Microderm Exfoliator every night? Isn't it harsh for your skin? I'm afraid to use a scrub on my face more than two to three times a week!

    I also have a little question for you: how do you put that little "reactions" widget on a blog post? Thanks a lot! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gaby! Yeah I totally here you on being scared to scrub. I learned the hard way that using a harsh scrub or exfoliator can really mess up your skin. This one is a bit tough, but as long as you useonly a dime size amount, you will be ok to use it every night, just don't scrub so hard when you put it on. The first time I used it, I scrubbed really hard, and my face felt like it was on fire for the rest of the day and then I completely broke out for a whole week! So I've learned that the little crystals do the job on their own, there is no need to scrub hard. Just little gentle circular motions work. Of course, every skin is different, if your skin is super sensitive to scrubs and these types of products, then try it out for just 2-3 times a week. My skin is really oily so I like that deep clean every night. I don't use it in the morning, because my face has nothing on it but at night, it really helps to remove oil, dirt, and makeup from the day. =) hope this helped!

    ps. the little reactions are easy to put in. Just go into where you edit your layout, then click on edit in your blog posts box. A window will pop up and under Post Page Options, there is a section that says Reactions. Just click the little box next to it and it puts it under your posts. You can even change what they say. =)

    xoxo!!
    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun, I love your blog! At night, I use Olay Regenerist Cleanser or St Ives Green Tea cleanser depending on my skin, and I use Olay UV Protect Fluid that I steal from my mom lol

    ReplyDelete